Primary Location: Cornwall-Bude-Stratton Primary School
Job: Teaching (Primary)
Organisation: Cornwall Council
Posting Date: 01-Aug-2017, 11:53:11
Hours per week: Not specified
Job Type/Contract type: Permanent
Interview Date: 26-Sept-2017
Closing Date: 18-Sept-2017, 23:59:00
Salary Range: L13 - L19
Tel No: 01288 353196
About the Role:
The Governors, staff and pupils of Stratton Primary School are looking to appoint a new head teacher to lead our school through a period of expansion and change. This exciting opportunity has arisen due to retirement of the current Head. The school, located in the beautiful coastal area of North Cornwall, was recently judged by Ofsted to ‘Require Improvement’.
We have recently completed Phase 1 of planned expansion. We are a popular school and from September 2017 we will have approximately 340 pupils on roll, ranging from 4-11 years of age.
We are looking for somebody who:
- Is passionate about developing children’s learning and raising standards for all
- Has the highest expectations of pupils and staff and can inspire and motivate others
- Will build on our current strengths (including Ofsted ‘Good’ judgements in Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare and Early Years provision).
- Is confident and competent with all areas of school management and assessment
- Has excellent communication and people skills
In return we can offer you:
- Children with a positive attitude to learning
- A supportive school community with enthusiastic and hard-working staff and governors
- An opportunity to work in collaboration with local head teachers as part of the Bude Communities’ Schools’ Trust
- A well-kept, spacious school site with varied options for outdoor learning
- A location within walking distance of the stunning coastal town of Bude which boasts 23% of the award winning beaches in Cornwall and has recently retained the British Travel Awards UK ‘Coastal Town of the Year’
For further information about this role and application pack please email email@example.com
For information about Bude and Stratton please visit www.visitbude.info/
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed – please contact the school office on 01288 353196 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Stratton Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Please view the job description and person specification below and email email@example.com for further details and an application form.